First delegation in Germany - May 2007
What is great in this traineeship, among other things, is that I have the opportunity to see also other countries - in delegations. At the beginning of May I´ve been for 10 days in delegation in Germany, Hannover, more precisely.
I could observe the German style: more reserved people, but still also amuzing, a perfect order, cleaness - things known by everyone. What I didn´t expect was to be so impressed by the 2 towns we visited - hannover and Bremen.
Hannover
What I first noticed in Hannover, in the first morning, in the way to the company, were the numerous green spaces, muc more than in Portugal or Romania, and the big number of people riding bikes. The difference from Portugal and Romania is that they have bike tracks and thus it´s not dangerous like pedaling among cars. I liked that, but on the other hand I missed in those 10 days the latin, relaxed athmosphere of Lisbon (because this one is the most familiar to me now) and the relaxed style of the latin origin peoples. And not to forget about the ocean...I missed a lot also the ocean, or at least the fact that I know that I can get to it anytime, in half an hour...
In Hannover it´s very easy to make a tour of the city and to see everything that it´s worth it, without anyone guiding you, because there is something very interesting here - a red line which, if you follow, you can reach all the touristic points of the city, numbered and briefly described in a little red book, that you can buy with 2 euors from the turist office. So, I followed this red line, and on Saturday I saw all Hannover.
I liked the German architecture.
Kropcke clock - the preferred meeting point for the people of the city
However, we were in a delegation...some pictures from the time that we weren´t visiting :P. During the week it wasn´t so nice, we stayed until late evening at the company and we had time just for dinning and going back to the hotel. Even so, it was an interesting experience. After all, it was a delegation :-)
Sometimes it was even funny - late evening, still working
Dinner in a very interesting decorated restaurant - with Sasha, our favourite waiter :-)
Bremen
Bremen is a very arch and nice little town, with more tourists than Hannover, as I´ve noticed. I saw of course the statue of the famous musicians of Bremen, an interesting wind mill transformed in terrace, and again a lot of green spaces.
The wind mill - terrace
More or less this happened in those 10 days... I got back to Lisbon very impressed of the arch German towns and of the pleasant atmosphere, but in the same time also glad to be again in the city that now represents "home".
