01 February 2007

Barbecue in Brazilian style


And if we had a Romanian evening 2 weekends ago, why not having also a barbecue in Brazilian style? :) More or less inspired by my idea of having a Romanian evening, Marcos, the ex Brazilian trainee (now he is working at the company when he had his traineeship), organized last Saturday a barbecue ("churrasco" in Portuguese) at his place, in Estoril, a small resort at a half an hour of Lisbon; nice house, at 15 minutes from the beach...

Almost every time the Portuguese custom of not showing up on time, but an hour, an hour and a half later it´s confirmed (custom caracteristic also to other latin peoples I would say)...Yeah, punctuality is not a strong point :-), but it´s ok.

We were around 15-16 people, the majority relationed with AIESEC (strong organization, huh? :) ). I finally met Mihajlo, the Serbian trainee that is here from 6 months ago. There were also people that I didn´t meet before...among the most interesting was Luís, a Portuguese that has been in 2 traineeships so far, one in Brazil, one in the US; you could tell that he´s a guy that travelled a lot - very open, inteligent and with sense of humour. It was interesting to meet the Serbian also - very cool guy - as I´ve never met Serbians until then, even if we´re "neighbourghs". In the rest, there were guys from different LCs of Lisbon, or that have been in AIESEC - nice people.

In the same day, with 2 hours before the barbecue started, Nara, a friend of Marcos came, from Brazil, that was a bar-tender and she made Caipirinha (traditional Brazilian drink)...hm...very good. Here in Lisbon, I tried one time Caipirinha in a Brazilian bar, but it´s not compareable with the one she made.

After we ate, and as the TV was on, the people were captivated by the cartoons that were on :))...we laughed a bit, they were funny. Then we talked until Catarina, the LCP of ISCTE proposed to play some games, AIESEC or non-AIESEC. I don´t remember what we played first, but there were: Mafia, Animals, Nonstop Nonsens...and probably.. also others.



Besides Caipirinha, we drank also Sangria, a Portuguese traditional drink (and also Spanish, as far as I know), that it´s made of red/green wine (or champagne) and fruit - the colour is red or transparent - depending on the alcohol used.

We stayed until 3 in the morning, when everyone was tired, and we went back to Lisbon, lucky us that one of the Luís-es was passing with the care very near to our plaace, so we got home faster...I was very tired. But it was interesting...it´s nice to meet new people. I hope that from now on no weekned will pass by without organizing something :-).

Ovidiu, Marcos, Luís, Mihajlo, Marcos (the "computer guys" of the group)