17 March 2008

The trainees

Trainees in Lisbon - which are or had been here, interesting people that I had the pleasure to meet and some of them also to get to know well:

Alberto García (Spain, Asturias)
My favourite Spanish, a funny and open guy always helping you if he can. One of the few real friends that I made here; also flat mate and colleague at work. He finished his traineeship at 4 months after I got in Lisbon; I was sorry that he was leaving, because he was the greatest trainee here..."c´est la vie" :-I. After a half a year he came back, working now at the Spanish embassy :-) .."Alegría!!"


Marcos Margulies (Brazil, Rio de Janeiro)
The "eternal" trainee, the "oldest" trainee from here (I don´t mean the age ;)), that after the traineeship remained in Lisbon. When I met him the first time, he knew 3 expressions in Romanian: first a bad word (that I won´t write here :D), "asa si asa" (so so) and "papuci" (which means something like "just leave", translated word by word "shoes") :))..but he learned also others later :-). A funny guy, popular, with very many friends and loving parties big time :P.


Renata Olesinska (Poland)
My first flat mate. She got here one month before me, working in the same company. After the traineeship she remained in Lisbon, in the same company, having also a Portuguese boyfriend, another reason for staying.


Elena Tomiet (Italy)
I didn´t get to know her too well, being very individualistic - I would say - for an AIESEC trainee.


Elsi Rivera (Mexic)
A real party girl...


Mihajlo Mihajlovic (Serbia)
Organizer of many going outs with the trainees, a nice guy, that you can count on. Unfortunately, he left last summer, after one year of traineeship...that´s it with these internships...sometimes they come to an end..


Marcos Hartman (Brazil, São Paulo)
Marcos got here in the same time I did, more or less. It´s a nice guy, sometimes funny, in a special way (friends know why :P). He finished his traineeship some months ago and he remained afterwards in the same company...hm...it seems that this happens to more trainees in Lisbon :-)


Luciana Faria (Brazil, Vitória)

A period of time - flat mate, a nice girl that you can get along with and that tries to help as much as she can.


Luis Adrianza (Venezuela, Maracaibo)
The youngest trainee here - 21 years old. He works in the same company with me (yeah, we are many in Solvay :P). He seems more mature, although sometimes his behavior bitrates his 21 years. He started in parallel also a master, the job in his department not being to demanding :D.


Vladimir Makevic (Serbia)
Vlad...our Eastern European :-). Very firm in his believes, sometimes talking to much :D, but amusing and with a good spirit :-). He finished his traineeship some months ago and got back to Serbia.


Ruta Salvyte (Lithuania)
A girl injected with AIESEC in her vanes :D - one of the few trainees with a wide previous experience in AIESEC. And it was visible :-)...you could feel the AIESEC spirit in everything she was doing and organizing :P. She ended her traineeship in January 2008.


Saumya Vyas (India)
For the first time outside India :D...hm must of been a small shock at the beginning ;) What can I say...I think that the experience here changed him a lot, helping him to adapt to the European culture, very very different of the Indian one.


Mo Chi (China)
Mo studied for 3 years in Malta before coming here, that makes him almost European; very polite and mannered, he integrated very well here; he´s a nice and funny guy (maybe with a bit different sense of humor). He doesn´t smile very much (in the Asian culture is not quite usual to smile), here is one of the few occasions when we caught him smiling :D.


Jeroen Linnemann (Netherlands)

One of the newest trainees in Lisbon; I didn´t have the chance to get to know him well, but he seems to be a nice guy, that tries to take advantage at maximum of the time spent here.


Here they are - great people, different also, that for a shorter or longer time are or had been together in the same city, living a beautiful life experience.